Our recruiters are talking to a record number of candidates and clients, which is providing us with a massive amount of insight on the market. As you already know, some businesses are thriving, others are being impacted in the worst ways, and some are seeing a neutral effect.
For our Florida and Michigan Finance Practices, here is what we are seeing:
- Many of the “essential businesses” are doing well and even thriving; logistics, food distributors/retailers, mortgage companies, other financial services organizations, pockets of tech, and some healthcare organizations specifically in manufacturing.
- Strong finance and data analysts either are or have become among the most valuable resources a company has in this market. Also, functions like Payroll, Credit & Collections, Operational Finance, and FP&A professionals are as valuable as ever.
- Most companies are preparing for liquidity through different means to “weather the storm” and emerge.
- Many leaders believe we will have a “V” like recovery assuming unemployment does not remain high for a prolonged period of time.
- All companies that are hiring are conducting video interviews and some are making hiring decisions without an “office visit”.
- Companies are trying to position themselves as “best in class” or working on a “value proposition” so they are able to capture market share when markets normalize.
- We are talking with many candidates that are getting their resume “ready” in case they need to make a move – we are seeing this at all levels across the board.
Things are changing at a rate we have not seen before and we would like to continue to be a resource for you. If you would like more or continued insight, please click here or send an email back with your contact information and the best times to reach you. Either I or one of our experienced recruiters will connect with you.